Extensive Experience With Defining Juveniles Charged With Crimes
Parents of children accused of criminal conduct have valid concerns about both the immediate consequences and the long-term effects of those charges on their children’s lives. Our lawyers will work not only to deliver a strong defense, but, where necessary, to use our knowledge of various sanctions to strive for an appropriate resolution.
San Joaquin Family Law‘s founding attorney, Jacob Benguerel, has a background as a truancy and juvenile detention officer. This presents him with extensive knowledge into the way that these cases progress through the system. Jacob uses his prior experience to build a solid defense to protect the future of your child. We have a strong reputation in the community for tailoring our work to each family’s unique needs.
Helping With A Host Of Different Allegations
San Joaquin Family Law provides defense services for your child against any criminal charge, including these crimes often associated with juveniles:
- Drug offenses — We will work with the juvenile courts to seek a disposition that focuses on treatment and counseling rather than punitive measures.
- Shoplifting — Generally, penalties for juveniles caught shoplifting from a retail store do not include detention, but more often require restitution and perhaps probation.
- Assault and battery — Our investigative skills and background working with adolescents help us to investigate cases thoroughly and root out extenuating circumstances that aid our clients’ defense.
- Theft crimes — Offenses such as theft, burglary and robbery carry widely varying punishments based on the amount taken and the force used, if any. We take the time to evaluate each piece of evidence to put your child in the best possible position for the hearing.
- Vandalism — Malicious mischief such as graffiti or property destruction is a misdemeanor if the damage is less than $400 and a felony if greater. Restitution can also be required from a minor and their parents to repair the damage.
We use all of our knowledge of the system to help you avoid unpleasant surprises and allow your child to resolve their issues in an appropriate way. We are committed to helping juveniles thrive by securing fair treatment and assisting with expungement of childhood offenses when the time comes.
Protect Your Child’s Future
San Joaquin Family Law assists families throughout the county when minor children have been charged with a crime. Call 209-478-2700 or contact us online for a free initial consultation in our Stockton office.