Attorneys Committed To Protecting Your Rights
If you have been charged with a crime in California, it’s essential you’re represented by criminal defense attorneys with the experience and determination to fight the charges against you. At San Joaquin Family Law in Stockton, our attorneys are familiar with all facets of the California criminal justice system.
Our founding attorney, Jacob Benguerel, has prior experience in law enforcement. This means he thoroughly understands the tactics and strategies employed by police and prosecutors. That knowledge allows our firm to develop a defense strategy that gives our clients every possible chance at a positive result.
Aggressive Defense Services
All criminal charges need to be taken seriously. Any conviction will impact your life in many different ways, besides just jail time. An experienced attorney is essential to building a defense that helps you protect your rights.
At San Joaquin Family Law, we represent Californians facing a wide range of criminal charges in the following areas:
- Drug crimes — California has multifaceted drug crime statutes with six classifications of controlled substances. Depending on certain factors, the same offense can be charged as a felony or a misdemeanor. In this complex framework, a knowledgeable, trustworthy attorney is crucial to ensure your rights are protected and you receive fair treatment.
- Domestic violence — Domestic violence charges, which may be levied against someone you’re married to, dating, living with or co-parenting with, carry serious penalties when you’re convicted — and lasting repercussions even when you’re not. Our attorneys understand how complex these cases can be, so we take the time to thoroughly investigate the charges against you and mount a solid defense.
- DUI — In California, a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or higher is the legal threshold for being considered legally unfit to drive. If you’ve been arrested for driving under the influence, or DUI, our attorneys will identify and pursue all potential defenses, which may include a challenge to improper stops and faulty tests conducted by law enforcement.
- Juvenile law — At San Joaquin Family Law, our true passion lies in guiding young people to successful futures, based on our belief that hope exists even for the most troubled adolescent. If your child runs afoul of the law, attorney Jacob Benguerel is uniquely positioned and empowered to help. His experience as a former truancy and juvenile detention officer offers your son or daughter the best chance to navigate the juvenile law system as smoothly as possible and move forward.
- Property crimes — Our attorneys provide aggressive representation for you if you have been charged with burglary, theft, using stolen credit cards or other property-related crimes.
Our attorneys also represent clients facing other types of charges in California, including assault and battery as well as white collar crimes. If you face any of these charges, our attorneys will fight tirelessly for your rights under the law to have the charges against you dropped or downgraded. We understand that your very freedom is what’s at stake.
We Protect Your Rights Throughout Your Case
If you’ve been accused of a crime, it’s important to seek solid defense counsel who won’t back down in fighting for your rights and freedom. San Joaquin Family Law represents both adults and children facing criminal charges. Call 209-478-2700 or contact us online for a free initial consultation at our Stockton office.